12/18/09
Recent participation in some photography forums has piqued an interest in doing a Project 365. Photography has been a hobby on and off for over 40 years and in the last 18 months my interest has intensified. So I've decided to jump in, give it a shot (no pun intended) and see if I can shoot every day for a year.

My expectations for this project are that it will provide motivation to expand my skills both behind the camera and in post-processing and provide a vehicle for experimentation. My photog pal Doug has been a great mentor, so I want to publicly say thanks; this is your fault (kidding of course).

It is going to be a learning experience, so any and all comments, critiques and encouraging words are welcome.

Thanks for viewing.

Jeff

Friday, May 21, 2010

Being Led to Slaughter


5/20/10 - Day 153
A great bike ride today in San Jose and Morgan Hill, California.  In this shot, colleagues Andy and Paul were leading me to slaughter on the Willow Spring Road climb.  And with a broken rear shifter/derailleur, I only had 3 gears to work with.  See the mansion above Andy's head in the photo?  That's the summit!  36 miles with 1800' of climbing, sushi for dinner & Advil for dessert.  Thanks guys - it was terrific.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Lovely day for a ride, though...
    We are taking the family on a 4-day ride on Colorado this summer.... I've already started wondering how I'm going to bring my camera along. Do you bring your dslr on rides, or a smaller camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never take the dslr on a ride. Have a point & shoot that I carry on every ride. This shot was taken while riding, albeit slowly while climbing. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete