12/18/09
Recent participation in some photography forums has piqued an interest in doing a Project 365. Photography has been a hobby on and off for over 40 years and in the last 18 months my interest has intensified. So I've decided to jump in, give it a shot (no pun intended) and see if I can shoot every day for a year.

My expectations for this project are that it will provide motivation to expand my skills both behind the camera and in post-processing and provide a vehicle for experimentation. My photog pal Doug has been a great mentor, so I want to publicly say thanks; this is your fault (kidding of course).

It is going to be a learning experience, so any and all comments, critiques and encouraging words are welcome.

Thanks for viewing.

Jeff

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Bunch of New Stuff

8/20/10 - Day 245
Tried a whole bunch of new stuff tonight while shooting today's Daily Shoot assignment #278: "Make a photograph with a shallow depth of field today. Get in close if you need to force it with the lens you have."

First, I used my 50mm f1.8 with a reversing ring for the shallow DoF.
Second, I transferred the images from camera to iPad using the camera connection kit.
Third, I processed the image in an excellent iPad photo app called Photogene.  No processing in Lightroom.
Lastly, I transferred the processed image back to computer for exporting through Lightroom.

I could have posted the image directly from the iPad, but wanted to see if the EXIF metadata transferred into Lightroom...it didn't.  That is the one serious downfall of working with photos on the iPad.  If anyone out there has a metadata solution for the iPad, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Some apps let you post directly to flickr. Camera+ for iPhone, for example. It maintains metadata when you export to flickr directly from the app. The problem is that saving pictures to the camera roll from any app but Apple's camera app will strip all metadata. Very frustrating for app makers. Hope apple fixes indoor iOS 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zev. I'll check it out and see if it works for iPad.

    ReplyDelete